Some people may not think of bad breath when you think of a person’s hygiene, but it is very important. Not only is bad breath unpleasant for those around you, it may be a symptom of a problem within your body.
If you noticed that you have bad breath, you may have tried to treat this yourself by brushing your teeth more often or by using commercial mouthwash. However, this usually is not enough because bad breath is a serious problem. It is caused by bacteria growing within your mouth.
Interestingly enough, your bad breath can even get worse with some toothpaste, or other products, because they are full of harsh chemicals.
When speaking of oral health, it is best to use natural remedies to rid your mouth of this problem. Here is the safest and most effective way to get rid of bad smelling breath:
• Squeezed juice of 2 lemons
• 1 cup of warm water
• 1 teaspoon of baking soda
• 1 teaspoon of honey
• ½ a teaspoon of cinnamon
• Add honey and cinnamon to the lemon juice.
• Mix well and pour the mixture into the warm water.
• Shake well, preferably using a glass bottle.
• Gargle with 1 to 2 tablespoons of this mixture for few minutes.
• Once you are done gargling, spit the mixture out. It is important to note that the mixture that you spit out will be full of bacteria and toxins from your mouth. That is why it is important not to swallow it!
This recipe is effective because:
• Cinnamon kills bad breath-causing bacteria.
• Honey provides powerful antibacterial properties, which kills germs.
• Baking soda makes your teeth brighter and absorbs odors.
• Lemon helps to kill the bacteria in your mouth, while giving your mouth a refreshing and pleasant aroma.