Lung cancer is a type of cancer that begins in the lungs and most often occurs in people who smoke.
Basically, there are two main types of lung cancer. They include non-small cell lung cancer and small cell lung cancer.
Non-small cell lung cancer is the most common type of lung ♋ and small cell lung ♋ makes up roughly 10% of lung cancers.
Adenocarcinoma is the most common type of non-small cell lung cancer with the other two being squamous cell carcinoma and large cell carcinoma.
It develops in cells that produce mucus, squamous cell carcinoma is usually caused by smoking and occurs in the cells that line the airways.
The cells in large cell carcinoma look bigger when the cancer cells look when looked at under a microscope.
Small cell lung cancer meanwhile has smaller cells under the microscope and is typically caused by smoking. Small cell lung cancer can spread quickly if not caught early enough.
Other types of lung cancer include mesothelioma and the rarer carcinoid cancer.
Lung Cancer Symptoms Include Having:-
1) a persistant cough for more than three weeks
2) a change in a cough if you’ve had one a while
3) repeat chest infections or one that doesn’t get better
4) a wheezy or breathless feeling
5) blood when you cough
6) constant pain in your chest or shoulder
7) a hoarse voice for several weeks
Other symptoms may include:-
– any unexpected weight loss,
– any change in the shape of your fingers.