Recently, The UAE-based, Grandweld Shipyards, delivered four crew boats to Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) as per their agreement. The Kuwait crew boats have been designed to withstand the roughest weather conditions hence the perfect characteristics of the oil company boats. Similarly, ensuring safe transportation for crew members to their place of work during their frequent hour-long commuting throughout the year.
Furthermore, the boats have a guarantee that none of the facilities which these crew members operate in will break down due to late arrival on site. These high performance capabilities are attributed to the unique design of the boats themselves. Most noteworthy, have been modified multiple times during prototype testing for several experimental models in the water. Moreover, the premium material used in building these American, European and Japanese boats, possess the ability to maneuver with high stability during sail. Below are some of the characteristics of the boats:
- The delivered crew boats can carry 30 passengers, in addition to three sailors,
- The accommodation cabin is furnished with two bunks,
- The speed of the boats reach up to 28 nautical knots,
- The sailing range can be up to 150 nautical miles,
- Each boat has been designed to withstand the roughest weather conditions,